On Wednesday, July 30, Workout Wednesday will be on the west block of Georgia Street noon - 12:45 p.m. Eastbound Georgia Street between Capitol Avenue and Illinois Street will be closed to traffic noon - 1 p.m.
On Friday, Aug. 1, Indianapolis Downtown, Inc. will host two events on Georgia Street:
• Food Truck Friday on the west block will close Georgia Street between Capitol Avenue and Illinois Street for eastbound traffic 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
• Happy Hour on the center block will close Georgia Street between Illinois and Meridian streets for eastbound traffic 1 - 8:30 p.m.
On Saturday, Aug. 2, the Mass Ave Criterium bike races will be held near the Athenaeum. The following streets will be closed 9 a.m. - 11 p.m. for this event, although traffic will be allowed briefly between races:
• Massachusetts Avenue between East and Alabama streets
• Vermont Street between East and Alabama streets
• East Street between Vermont and North streets
• Michigan Street between East and New Jersey streets
• New Jersey Street between Vermont and Michigan streets
On Saturday, Aug. 2, the City Lights 5 Miler run will start and finish on Georgia Street. Eastbound Georgia Street between Meridian and Pennsylvania streets will be closed to traffic 4 - 11:30 p.m. The following streets will have some lane closures 7:45 - 9:30 p.m.:
• Eastbound Georgia Street between Capitol Avenue and Meridian Street
• Capitol Avenue between Georgia and Washington streets
• Washington Street between Capitol Avenue and Schumacher Drive
For these events, please plan your travel through Downtown accordingly. There will be parking and sidewalk restrictions for some of the events.