Indianapolis Downtown, Inc., Quality Connection, IBEW 481 and RTV6 are seeking entertainers to perform at the 50th annual holiday lighting ceremony on Monument Circle. Back again for 2012…RTV6 is producing a television show that will follow the auditions, call backs, selection of talent and rehearsals all leading up to the actual show. This special, The Circle of Lights® Talent Search, will air Thanksgiving night.
Desired entertainers include, but are not limited to vocal acts ranging from soloists to show choirs and dance troupes. The chosen acts will have the opportunity to share the stage with Indianapolis native Angela Brown, renowned opera star and co-host of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra’s Duke Energy Yuletide Celebration.
Circle of Lights® presented by Quality Connection and IBEW 481 will take place on Friday, Nov. 23, 2012. First round auditions will take place as follows:
Tuesday, Sept. 25 from 4 – 8 p.m.
IBEW 481, 1828 N. Meridian St.
Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. – noon
Electrical Training Institute, 1751 S. Lawndale Ave.
(Take the Sam Jones Expressway to Lynhurst. North on Lynhurst to Minnesota. West on
Minnesota to Lawndale. Left on S. Lawndale just before the I-465 overpass).
A final invitation-only audition will take place for selected finalists on Monday, Oct. 8 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Acts are encouraged to have a second number prepared should they be invited to call-backs.
There is no need to pre-register for auditions. Performers will audition in the order in which they arrive. Please allow several hours for the audition process on both Sept. 25 and 29.
Performers should prepare a number/act using the following specifications:
- Not to exceed 2 minutes. This time limit will be strictly enforced at auditions. Acts chosen for the show will have approximately 3 – 3½ minutes to perform but for the sake of time, we must limit auditions
- A holiday theme is required (upbeat preferred)
- Tracks are to be formatted to CD. If necessary, a keyboard and microphones will be provided. Please provide your own keyboardist.
- Stage dimensions are 24’ x 16’
- Group size not to exceed 25 persons
- Those acts that audition in person are generally more successful.
Selected groups must commit to two evening rehearsal dates, Nov. 1 & 15, prior to the event and from 2:30 – 8:30 p.m. on the day of the event. Call 317.332.4012 or email email@example.com with questions.